Monday, April 9, 2007

Tough


From: kdb5_@excite.com
Subject: Mr. Coate
Date: March 16, 2007 3:09:38 PM CDT


I heard that Mr. Coate is retiring and just thought I would say a few words that could be added to his scrap book. Mr. Coate was and still is my all time favorite teacher. Just thinking of him puts a smile on my face...the way he would tease me, how much he taught me, and how hard he pushed me. He never gave up hope in me. Even when I got into a slump, he always encouraged me because he knew I could do it. He prepared me so well for college, unlike any other teacher. Although, at times, I think some of his tests and teaching were harder than most of what I had at college...haha. I do believe that his classes were tough but he made me stronger by taking them. I can remember one test in particular where I actually started crying mid-test because I did not think I was doing well and could not remember the answers. Well, I did better than I thought due to the fact that I kept going because I did not want to disappoint him. Then, I went off to college not knowing what I wanted to
do with my life. I came back to visit Mr. Coate on a break and we discussed options for my career path. He helped me to get an idea of what exactly I wanted to do. Even when I was not sitting in his classroom as a student, he was still teaching me. I just want him to know how good of a teacher he was and that he made such an impact on my life!

Sincerely,
Kelli Brooks

No comments: