Monday, April 9, 2007

Never Lets Anyone Give Up


From: carrmhs@hotmail.com
Subject: Mr. Coate stories
Date: January 18, 2007 5:32:31 PM CST


I remember dreading going to school my freshman year because I was so scared of Mr. Coate. It was like all we heard was horror stories about how hard he was on his students, especially the freshmen. It didn't take long, though, for me to realize that all he wanted was for his students to do well by working hard, not by having things handed to them. It was clear that he hated laziness and would not put up with it, which pushed those of us who cared to work as hard as we could. He never let anyone give up, and never just gave away the answers, he pushed us to come to our own conclusions using what he taught us. Just last semester I took a biology class, and I did so well in it that one day My teacher asked where I went to high school. I told I had gone to Meridian, and she immediately said, " Ah, so you had Mr. Coate no wonder you do so well." Even though I took just one of his classes, the lessons I learned have stayed with me for years now and that is apparent in the classes I am taking in college, without Mr. Coate I never would have fallin in love with science and I never would have chosen a career in it.


Mr. Coate you should be proud of all that you have done at Meridian, and all the lives you have touched. We never could have made it as far as we have without you.

Michelle Carr

No comments: