Monday, April 9, 2007

Best Teacher Ever


From: bdoyle@mail.millikin.edu
Subject: Mr.Coate
Date: January 25, 2007 10:14:42 AM CST

Mr.Coate has made college not such a shock for me. When the teacher
says "We're going to have a Lab practical" I don't cringe. Mr.Coate has
prepared me for anything that College can throw at me, and I am very
thankful for having Mr.Coate as one of my teachers. When I say that Mr.
Coate was the best teacher I ever had, I can say that whole-heartedly
because he truly is the best.

One of the most memorable things for me today is now when I do
conversions for school and even when I am baking cookies, I think of Mr.
Coate drilling that information of " pints a pound world round" and so
on in our heads year after year.

One day I didn't write the Mr on Mr.Coate on a pass and he wouldn't
let me come to his class to study for a practical during my studyhall.
The next day he had a pass that was written to a me that allowed me to
come to his class anytime, any day and this pass was signed by Mr.Coate
as Robert Redford. He always had a funny sense of humor!

You could always count on Mr.Coate to call on you in class when you
didn't know the answer!!

Brentny Doyle

No comments: